Nothing warms you up as much on a cold winter day as a hearty bowl of soup. Ayurveda recommends healthy soups for the lighter evening meal. Make this easy to make quick Mixed Veg Soup Recipe at home and share your experiences with us in the comments section below.
For the Base:-
- 100 gms. Bottle Gourd, chopped
- 100 gms. Pumpkin, chopped
- 1 Carrot, chopped
- 1 Potato, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 clove of Garlic, chopped (optional)
- 2½-3 cups Water
- Salt, to taste
For the Toppings:-
- ½ Carrot, chopped
- ½ Zucchini, chopped
- 2 tbsp. Corn
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- Black Pepper Powder, to taste
- Water as required
1. In a pressure cooker add bottle gourd, pumpkin carrot, potato, tomato, garlic, water, salt and pressure cook for 3-4 whistles.
2. Once the pressure cooker has released all the pressure open the lid and puree the cooked vegetables with a hand blender.
3. Now add carrot, zucchini, corn, broccoli, OR topping vegetables of your choice, followed by oregano, black pepper powder, ketchup, water and boil for 5-6 minutes. 4. Stir well and serve.
Mixed Vegetable Soup is ready to eat!